Library Assistant – Volunteer
Menphys is a local Charity covering Leicester and Leicestershire that provides a range of services to children & young people with disabilities and special educational needs.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide Library and Reception support which will offer positive and engaging communication with the Menphys Hub visitors.
• Deliver and maintain a high level of customer service to all Hub visitors.
• To greet all visitors to the Hub.
• To carry out Reception administration duties including sorting post, printing, and using Microsoft Office.
• Keep control of Library stock, issue books and receive returns and maintain accurate records through the library computer system.
• To answer all incoming calls and direct them appropriately.
• General housekeeping duties.
• To represent Menphys in a professional and caring manner.
• To identify visitors’ needs and assist with offering a solution.
• To comply with Health & Safety legislation.
• Follow, adopt, and demonstrate Menphys Values.
• To be friendly and approachable.
• Have a polite, concise, and pleasant telephone manner.
• Be willing to follow procedures.
• Good communication skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Show patience and good listening skills.
• Demonstrate professionalism.
• Have a desire to learn.
• Demonstrate personal responsibility.
• Have a positive attitude.
• Show confidence in dealing with the public.
As the organisation develops over time and the external environment changes, the precise responsibilities of the role are likely to evolve. As a result, this Role Description may require updating, a process which will be undertaken through consultation between the Finance Manager and the Executive Director.
To provide an anti-discriminatory service, that respects people’s ethnic, religious, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds and to ensure the policies and procedures of Menphys Limited are implemented and followed.
Menphys welcome applicants with a disability and endeavour to adapt our work environment to accommodate individual requirements.
Job Enquiry Form
Library Assistant – Volunteer
Hours of Work
Varied – afternoons between 1 pm – 4.30 pm
The Menphys Hub
Related Articles + Events
Menphys volunteers recognised by High Sheriff for ‘dedication and commitment’
Three charity volunteers have been presented with High Sheriff Awards, recognising their dedication in helping children and young people with disabilities.
In memory of Her Grace, Francis, Dowager Duchess of Rutland.
It is with sadness that we share the news that our Patron has passed away.
Her Grace, Francis, Dowager Duchess of Rutland, was a long standing supporter of Menphys and our Patron.
Wednesday, March 13th 2024
The Menphys Sports Club returns with our special guest Rob Paternostro, Head Coach of the Leicester Riders Basketball Club. Join us for a beautiful two course meal and opportunity to hear from Rob about his journey from player to coach,