Admin Assistant – Volunteer
Menphys is a local Charity covering Leicester and Leicestershire that provides a range of services to children & young people with disabilities and special educational needs.
Purpose of the Role:
1. Deliver and maintain a high standard of customer service & care.
2. Comply with Health and Safety legislation.
3. Follow, adopt and demonstrate Menphys Values.
4. Represent Menphys in a professional and caring manner.
1. To be able to communicate effectively by telephone, email and face-to-face.
2. To be able to use Microsoft Excel to update spreadsheets.
3. To be able to format and write letters using Microsoft Word.
4. To print documents for other members of the team and customers.
5. To assist with cash handling as requested.
6. To perform stock counts.
7. To be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
8. To have the willingness to learn.
9. To be able to follow procedures.
10. To demonstrate professionalism.
11. To show confidence in dealing with the public.
Menphys Will Provide:
1. Staff induction and training package including health & safety.
2. Guidance and support throughout your volunteering time with us.
3. An understanding of disabilities and special educational needs.
As the organisation develops over time and the external environment changes, the precise responsibilities of the role are likely to evolve. As a result, this Role Description may require updating, a process which will be undertaken through consultation between the Finance Manager and the Executive Director.
To provide an anti-discriminatory service, that respects people’s ethnic, religious, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds and to ensure the policies and procedures of Menphys Limited are implemented and followed.
Menphys welcome applicants with a disability and endeavour to adapt our work environment to accommodate individual requirements.
Job Enquiry Form
Admin Assistant – Volunteer
Hours of Work
Varied – Minimum of 2 hours (Mon-Fri)
The Menphys Hub
Related Articles + Events
Menphys volunteers recognised by High Sheriff for ‘dedication and commitment’
Three charity volunteers have been presented with High Sheriff Awards, recognising their dedication in helping children and young people with disabilities.
In memory of Her Grace, Francis, Dowager Duchess of Rutland.
It is with sadness that we share the news that our Patron has passed away.
Her Grace, Francis, Dowager Duchess of Rutland, was a long standing supporter of Menphys and our Patron.
Wednesday, March 13th 2024
The Menphys Sports Club returns with our special guest Rob Paternostro, Head Coach of the Leicester Riders Basketball Club. Join us for a beautiful two course meal and opportunity to hear from Rob about his journey from player to coach,