Menphys Club Support Worker
Menphys is a charity which supports children, young people with disabilities and their families in Leicester and Leicestershire. Our mission is to deliver a quality service that values the views and enables their voices.
We aim to provide a range of holistic and empowering services so that disabled young people can take part fully in their community and have the same choices, opportunities and experiences as other children and young people.
Menphys are committed to the ongoing safeguarding of any children and young people in our care. As per our Safeguarding policy, it is at the forefront of our organisation and we aim to keep children safe at all times and we are diligent in our recruitment processes to reflect this.
Purpose of the Role:
Menphys has a range Activity Clubs supporting children and young people aged 5-25 years. These clubs run throughout the week and cover varying topics including sports, youth club and music.
The purpose of the clubs is to provide a quality social space for young people and adults with a range of disabilities with the opportunity to take part in a range of quality meaningful activities and experiences
that stimulate and develop the member’s skills in a friendly, supportive and needs-led environment. Opportunities should be created that promote social interaction, communication and choice whilst promoting confidence, self-belief and developing independence skills.
The role of Club Support Worker is to enable the goals and aims of the Menphys Activity Clubs and support club members whilst in post.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To provide a social space for children and young people with SEND to take part in a range of quality meaningful activities that develop their skills in order to achieve the club aims to promote confidence,
self-belief and independence skills.
2. Supporting Club members with the programme of activities provided each week, across all areas.
3. Working as part of the Menphys Clubs team, including Club Room leads and volunteers.
4. Assisting with the setting up and clearing away of activities delivered.
5. Supporting Club Members with needs-led support
6. Handling challenging behaviour in an appropriate and tailored way to Club members
7. To support Club Members with their personal needs when necessary e.g packed lunch, getting a drink
8. To support Club Members with the maintaining and development of independence skills with the aim of increasing self-esteem and self-belief.
9. To act in a friendly and approachable manner, but maintain the correct level of professionalism.
10. Be committed to the role, being punctual and following the correct procedures for absence/sickness.
11. To work flexibly when the needs arise including attending training, and where necessary covering other clubs/sites as required for the role.
12. To be familiar with key Menphys policies and procedures and the Staff Handbook and ensure that they are followed.
13. To be committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults.
As a result, this Role Description may require updating, a process which will be undertaken through consultation between the Finance Manager to Head of Services, Head of HR and the CEO.
To provide an anti-discriminatory service, that respects people’s ethnic, religious, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds and to ensure the policies and procedures of Menphys Limited are implemented and followed.
Menphys welcome applicants with a disability and endeavour to adapt our work environment to accommodate individual requirements.
Job Enquiry Form
Menphys Club Support Worker
Hours of Work
Various locations around, Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland
Related Articles + Events
Saturday, November 11th 2023
Menphys and Leicestershire SEND Hub are pleased to host a SEND Insight Day, a day filled with activities, information and collaboration!
Friday, December 8th 2023
Thanks to Laffalot Promotions live comedy returns to the Menphys Hub. Alex Hylton, Ricky Balshaw, Craig Deeley and headliner Peter Brush will have you rolling in the aisles all in aid of Menphys and Edgars Gift.
Menphys Club Leader
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, join the team and make a difference.