Menphys Club Leader
Menphys is a charity which supports children, young people with disabilities and their families in Leicester and Leicestershire. Our mission is to deliver a quality service that values the views and enables their voices.
We aim to provide a range of holistic and empowering services so that disabled young people can take part fully in their community and have the same choices, opportunities and experiences as other children and young people.
Menphys are committed to the ongoing safeguarding of any children and young people in our care. As per our Safeguarding policy, it is at the forefront of our organisation and we aim to keep children safe at all times and we are diligent in our recruitment processes to reflect this.
Purpose of the Role:
Menphys has a range of Activity Clubs supporting children and young people aged 5-25 years. These clubs run throughout the week and cover varying topics including sports, youth club, and music.
The purpose of the clubs is to provide a quality social space for young people and adults with a range of disabilities with the opportunity to take part in a range of quality meaningful activities and experiences that stimulate and develop the member’s skills in a friendly, supportive and needs-led environment. Opportunities should be created that promote social interaction, communication and choice whilst promoting confidence, self-belief and developing independence skills.
The role of Club Leader is to lead the team to enable the goals and aims of the Menphys Activity Clubs and support club members whilst in post.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To provide a social space for children and young people with SEND to take part in a range of quality meaningful activities that develop their skills in order to achieve the club aims to promote confidence, self-belief and independence skills.
2. To work with other Club Leaders in the planning and development of activities to be delivered over the Club year
3. To organise and purchase the necessary equipment and resources to implement the activity programme and to facilitate the Club Support staff in the setting up and clearing away of activities
4. To take the lead delivering the planned activities at the Club and supporting the individual needs of the Club Members and where needed, advise and support the Club Support staff with to do the same
5. To support and supervise the staff to deliver the activities and to advise on strategies to ensure inclusion and that independence is promoted in accordance with the Clubs aims
6. To brief the Club Support staff at the beginning and end of the session and maintain positive professional relationships with all staff
7. To be part of, and take the lead of, the team that directly supports the Club Members with the programme of activities and with needs-led support to include delivering low level personal care and any other tasks as required from an assessed need
8. To support with the planning/setting up of the activities at the Club for the Club Members, adapting the tasks to meet individual needs
9. To provide brief positive feedback to parents/carers of Club Members at the end of each Club session, maintaining positive communication links and outcomes
10. De-escalating challenging behaviour in an appropriate and tailored way to Club members
11. To provide scheduled feedback regarding Support Workers to the Head of Services for additional insightful information for annual staff appraisals
12. To monitor staff and Club Member ratio and report to the Head of Services if needs aren’t being met
13. To act in a friendly and approachable manner, but maintain the correct level of professionalism.
14. Be committed to the role, being punctual and following the correct procedures for absence/sickness.
15. To work flexibly when the needs arise including attending training, and where necessary covering other clubs/sites as required for the role.
16. To be familiar with Menphys key policies and procedures and support the Head of Services to ensure that they are followed
17. To report any Safeguarding concerns identified to the Head of Services adhering to Confidentiality and Safeguarding procedures
As a result, this Role Description may require updating, a process which will be undertaken through consultation between the Finance Manager to Head of Services, Head of HR and the CEO.
To provide an anti-discriminatory service, that respects people’s ethnic, religious, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds and to ensure the policies and procedures of Menphys Limited are implemented and followed.
Menphys welcome applicants with a disability and endeavour to adapt our work environment to accommodate individual requirements.
Job Enquiry Form
Menphys Club Leader
Hours of Work
Various locations around, Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland
Related Articles + Events
Saturday, November 11th 2023
Menphys and Leicestershire SEND Hub are pleased to host a SEND Insight Day, a day filled with activities, information and collaboration!
Friday, December 8th 2023
Thanks to Laffalot Promotions live comedy returns to the Menphys Hub. Alex Hylton, Ricky Balshaw, Craig Deeley and headliner Peter Brush will have you rolling in the aisles all in aid of Menphys and Edgars Gift.
Menphys Club Support Worker
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, join the team and make a difference.